Is your tooth enamel under the attack of dental erosion? Dental erosion is an oral health ailment commonly characterized by the destruction of the tooth enamel by harmful acids in your mouth. Although brushing and flossing your teeth daily are efficient methods for keeping your mouth clean, the foods and drinks you consume can cause dental erosion long before cleaning treatments can be given, and can potentially lead to pulp infection and tooth loss. Listed below are normal risk factors for dental erosion:
– Various sweets and snacks, especially sour sweets, can increase your risk of dental erosion.
– Dental erosion can be caused by foods and drinks with low pH levels.
– If you eat foods that tend to be sticky and chewy, your mouth may be at a greater risk for dental erosion.
– Avoid foods and drinks that are extremely sugary and highly acidic, as both are known causes of dental erosion.
– Acids in the mouth that cause dental erosion can also be caused by acid reflux and heartburn.
Dr. at Personal Dental Care wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting a cosmetic enhancement for your smile, please contact our dentist office in Richmond, Virginia, by calling us at 804-554-3767. Your smile is our business!